Friday 9 August 2013

Oh yes! A new best pub!




Not that I am in any way preoccupied with pubs or alcohol, other than a modest indulgence in the odd good pint or two of bitter and the occasional glass of vin rouge but, yesterday, whilst travelling up the great River Thames from Kingston, I espied a pub with a rather intriguing (not to say wonderful) name: the 'Bishop out of Residence'.

 
 
It all looks very wholesome but, sadly, time did not allow for further market research.
 
It will have to wait for another occasion, maybe a good venue for a Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma blognic?
 
I just wish we had more Bishops out of residence in England and Wales (pubs, that is. I do hope you did not misconstrue my meaning). (Cough).
 

1 comment:

  1. We still gotta lot of sede vacantes, bruv. They is reappointin slowly, but de new ones seem to be better than the old ones.

    ReplyDelete