Thursday 25 August 2011

Never kiss on your first date.......old SSPX saying

I owe a great deal to the Society of St Pius X. They were, for many years, our only source of an EF Mass celebrated in a church. Their Bishops confirmed our four children when no traditional confirmations were available and, yes, they are valid confirmations.

So it is with great anticipation that I await the outcome of the planned meeting on September 14th (H/T The Jarrow Scriptorium) between Bishop Fellay and Vatican officials. It is, by my reckoning at least the third meeting that has been held under our present Pope's guidance and we all need to pray pretty damn hard for a good and fruitful outcome.


A handshake would do!

I am an optimist, never mind that glass half full rubbish, I have no concept of reality (according to Mrs Linen) and always, always believe that next week is going to be my turn in the National Lottery or that Bishop Burns is going to insist on every Menevia parish having at least one EF Mass every Sunday.

And so it is with brimming confidence that I await the signal on or soon after the 14th September......you see......apart from anything else, the date is significant.

It is the Feast of the Holy Cross AND......the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum. This day has not been selected at random, it is a very holy ploy on someone's part to invoke the Holy Spirit to bring the Church together again.
The Feast of the Holy Cross is a feast of exultation and triumph - if you do nothing else between now and the 14th September, say this prayer in the hope of a reconciliation.........and, maybe, a fraternal kiss!

We adore You, O Christ, and praise You,
Because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.




5 comments:

  1. I am hopeful too. God williing the meeting will be fruitful. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am hopeful, mainly because of the date chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am hopeful, because I am always hopeful.

    Praying, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard,
    I am very hopeful and praying too!

    God Bless/ Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - love the title!

    I will be joining you in prayer... and like you, Richard, am convinced that the desired unity we crave will come about.

    ReplyDelete