Thursday 27 June 2013

Jimmy who?

I would never like to risk upsetting my American brethren by making unkind remarks regarding their politicians but, in the wake of the peanut farmer's comments concerning Pope JP II, I think it is now open season.

The first peanut to be elected President of the USA


Those comments follow closely on from President Obama and his snide sideways swipe at Catholicism by stating that our Faith schools system is 'divisive'.

I think those are two reasons why I would vote for the  Republican Party, if I was an American citizen (which I would have been if my grandparents steamer passage from the USA had been delayed for a few days) - sorry for the tortuous grammar.

But we all know that this sort of petty nastiness is endemic among non Catholic politicians, of all shades of blue or red and of all nationalities.

Perhaps the final word should come from Lars-Erik Nelson, political columnist:-


“The enemy isn’t conservatism. The enemy isn’t liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t." 


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out... I have blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was voting Republican long before Glenn Beck and Rush Windbag ingested their first illegal drugs. I fear the Republican Party now acts like the social climber who wants to be accepted by the cool kids (the Democratic Party).

    But I'm off-topic.

    Jimmy Carter was possibly this nation's most inept president, a small-minded man who missed his true calling as the strange old fellow who mumbles at the back of the church and scrawls anonymous letters to the bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Changing your lifestyle can sometimes be challenging.But, if you are one of the many people with diabetes, you must start making adjustments in order to enjoy a healthier existence.
    fashionjapan |

    fedes |

    fpish |

    girlsky |

    greek-videoclip |

    ReplyDelete