Saturday 27 October 2012

What's it to be - Latin Mass or Pooja?


First of all, following my recent post on the parish of St James in Reading, I received a response from Bishop Phillip Egan of Portsmouth.

It was a kind response but, unfortunately, he had assumed that I was a parishioner and, therefore, his advice was for me to go and consult my PP.

OK, I said that it was a kind response, I did not say that it was a good one.


One of the main things about being a good leader in my book is that you accept a certain level of responsibility. 
If something smells fishy you conduct a bit of a search until you find that, bingo! there is no smell source or.........there is. 
What you do not do is tell the person enquiring to go and ask elsewhere. Let's leave it there.

Kali is not one of the most ecumenically inspired Hindu gods
                                                      
Now, I hear that a Catholic School Chaplain (a young man) believes that it's a jolly good idea to go and mingle with those of heathen faiths. 

Here is what he has said:


"What an excellent opportunity for young catholics to gain an understanding of their Hindu neighbours. 
I myself am planning a trip to XXXXXX mosque with our Year 8s and 9s." 

So, why? - I keep asking myself this question. 

Why, oh why are the modernists so keen to lovey up to those of pagan faiths?

Let me put it another way, here are 4 questions for those in favour of taking parishioners or school pupils to visit temples, shrines and covens (covens? well why stop at temple and shrines?):-

1. Have you taken your parishioners or pupils to witness a Sung Latin 
    Tridentine Mass? If not, why not?

2. Have you taken your parishioners or pupils on pilgrimage to a Catholic shrine?

3. Have you arranged for an Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament 
    or Benediction for your parishioners or pupils?

4. Have you taken your parishioners or pupils to visit the Mother Church 
   (the national Cathedral)?

The point of all this is, that I suspect that the pupils (certainly) and the parishioners (possibly) have not experienced any of the above and it just seems rather sensible to me that young minds should first be well grounded in their own Faith before enquiring about others.

And another point is, what steps should the organiser of such a visit take (if it has to take place) to ensure that the Catholic visitors do not get drawn into a worship alliance once they are there.

By that I mean having the red spot (bindi) placed upon their foreheads, bowing towards their gods and so on.

Not only would such involvement be very, very wrong and in breach of the First Commandment but, I strongly suspect that, should a reciprocal visit take place and Hindus be invited to a Catholic Church, no request would be made for them to bless themselves or for the men to remove headgear.

But then, that's how the modernist mind works isn't it?


And, just in case any school chaplains happen to be reading this blog and require a bit of spiritual recall, here it is:-

       I am the LORD your God, 
who brought you out 
of the land of Egypt
out of the house of bondage.
You shall have no other gods before me. 
You shall not make for yourself a graven image, 
or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, 
or that is in the earth beneath, 
or that is in the water under the earth; 
you shall not bow down to them or serve them; 
for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, 
visiting the iniquity of the fathers 
upon the children to the third and the fourth 
generation of those who hate me, 
but showing steadfast love to thousands of those 
who love me and keep my commandments.


No comments:

Post a Comment