Friday 28 March 2014

"Do you take this man to be your lawful wedded wife?"

Huh?

Um....not necessarily
From midnight tonight (Friday 28th March) it will become legal, in most of Britain, for same sex couples to be "married"- both a travesty and an indicator of how low our society has sunk.

But what on earth are they going to say when it comes to the "marriage" vows?

I am rather an innocent when it comes to such things but (forgive me for asking) does one partner assume a male role and one a female role?

And, if so, does the female partner respond to being called a 'wife'?

Here is a sample of some wording from a L & G helpful (?) website:-

Do you (name) take this man/woman to be your lawfully wedded husband/wife?
I do
And do you promise to keep him/her, love and comfort, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse and to be faithful until death do you part?
I do
Repeat with other person. Do you have rings?
Yes.
(Name), I give you this ring , in token of my commitment and love.
Repeat Now that you have joined yourselves formally in matrimony, may you strive all of your lives to meet this contract with the same sense of love and commitment.
It is now with great pleasure that I pronounce you spouses for life.
You may kiss. (Yuk!)


9 comments:

  1. Absurd. Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge dislike of recent same-sex legislation as I have recently. ceased to be a widow and now am a woman whose deceased spouse was a man.
    O temporary, O mores indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the 'temporary'. Predictive text on my tablet. I must learn how to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading about the well-publicised predilections of the brother (sibling) of a certain wife (Parent One), made me wonder how much influence she (it) had on her (its) husband (spouse, Parent Two) in legalising this sham..
    Apart from an initial flurry of media-hot ceremonies, I doubt the take-up will be that great in this miniscule percentage of the population. And the next campaign will be . . . . . . . because it ain't gonna end here, just as it didn't with so-called civil partnerships.
    Not only has the majority been insulted by the change in this millennial-old tradition and its specific terminology but, to add insult to injury, government buildings have been flying that revolting flag as if it were a royal occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a former mental health professional I have seen many same sex attracted persons in my consulting rooms. The majority of these poor souls flitted from one relationship to another. Entering into a sham marriage will not give them the stability and acceptence that they percieve themselves to be seeking. The only thing that will come of this travisty is a huge increase in divorce proceedings. These poor tortured souls need our prayers as do the diabolical politicians who foisted this upon us to further their own peverted agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gertrude - if I have to fill in any form in the future I shall cross out heavily 'woman whose deceased spouse was a man' and write in large letters 'widow'. I refuse to be dictated to by the politically correct lobby. I live in a town where some elderly ladies in a home in their 80s and 90s once were asked to fill in a form defining their sexuality. If the list was anything like one I once received from the Council most of them would not even understand what they meant. After the list of LBGT etc which seemed to go through the whole gamut of possibilities it amused me to see 'Other' - the mind boggled. Shameful.

    To date I have not yet seen anyone mention how same-sex couples decide which of them will surrender their 'unmarried' name to take that of their partner. Perhaps they will join them together and form a double-barrelled name?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will our bishops and priests stand by silently and allow the adoption of innocent defenceless children by persons engaging in these most evil relations, mocking marriage?? We have s duty to protect children from such cruel, torturous, longterm abuse that will cause them great harm. Blessed Michael protect us in battle ...

    ReplyDelete