Well, I've been at the back of the bus for a long time now and it doesn't get any easier, it's a bumpy old ride. But, I am not complaining, well, I am really but I like to pretend a little!
I often wonder how it would be if situations were reversed and followers of the Ordinary Form of Mass were asked to trash out at the back of the bus.
Try a few of these for size......
All aimed at the Liberal branch of the Catholic faith:-
1. I'm sorry but from now on your Sunday Mass will be at 5pm.
2. Oh, and only on the third Sunday of the month, but don't worry, we will arrange for a Wednesday afternoon Mass at 3pm - that will be every other week.
3. Sorry again! Forgot to say that your Sunday Masses will not be in your parish church any longer but we have arranged for Fr X in St Blog's to say it, it's only 65 miles away.
4. Silly me.....another memory slip...Mass will be in Tagalog from now on...we have 12 Phillipino nurses in the congregation you know.
5. Finally, let me say that we will "trial" this new arrangement for six months and if it does not work out, Masses will move to St Y's just north of the Scottish border.
Does that all seem a shade unreal? Do you think that it doesn't happen? Well, you are partly right. Point 5 has not happened to us yet......but give it time!
|Liberals to the front, Traddy trash to the back!|