Tuesday 13 May 2014

A love letter....to a priest

Catherine, Queen of England, writes to her confessor

Imagine that the Catholic world is turning in on itself, that government is inflicting ever more secular solutions and ignoring the one true Church in favour of heresy and apostasy.

Sound familiar?

Well, we are back in the 16th century and Henry VIII's protestantisation of England and Wales is just in its early stages; yet to come is the removal of the Latin Mass and the imposition of a weak and feeble parody in its place....no, we really are still in the 16th century.

A noblewoman writes to her confessor who is suffering torture and pain in jail where he has been thrown because of his adherence to the Faith and to the foundation stone of the Faith, the Latin Mass.
He awaits news of his impending execution.

The noblewoman is none other than Catherine of Aragon of Spain but much loved by the men and women of her adopted country.

And her priest? Blessed John Forest, Franciscan and martyr.

Here is her letter of love and compassion - tomorrow, Deo volente, I shall post Father Forest's reply:-

My venerated Father,

You who have been accustomed to advise others in doubtful cases know best what advice to give to yourself; and with your piety and learning you know without doubt, and even desire if need be for the name of Christ to undergo death and refuse nothing in such a cause.

Be brave, then, and courageous, for if in these torments you have some pain to bear you will receive an eternal reward, which if anyone were to be ready to lose both you and I would count him to be mad.

But, alas, you leave me, your daughter, born to you in the Wounds of Christ, for a time at least you leave me in the greatest sorrow, for I am losing in you the man who has taught me the most in divine things.

If I may freely say my wish, I had rather go before you through a thousand torments than follow you after a time.

Yet I trust in the Lord that I shall see you not very long hence, when I shall be taken to the calm life of the blessed.

Farewell, my honoured Father, commend me always to God, now and from your place in Heaven.

Your most sorrowful daughter,

Catherine


3 comments:

  1. May 11, 2014
    SSPX'S POSITION HAS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/sspxs-position-has-dramatically-changed.html#links

    Daphne McLeod resigns : how will PEEP interpret Vatican Council II ?
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/daphne-mcleod-resigns-how-will-peep.html#links

    Fr.Zuhlsdorf also uses 'the inference' in the interpretation of Vatican Council II
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/frzuhlsdorf-also-uses-inference-in.html#links

    Israeli Parliament will hold special meeting to pay tribute to Pope John XXIII
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/israeli-parliament-will-hold-special.html#links

    Cardinal Jean-Louis Pierre Tauran must accept Vatican Council II and set an example for the Catholic religious communities and SSPX
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/cardinal-jean-louis-pierre-tauran-must.html#links

    CARDINAL KOCH MUST BE ASKED TO ACCEPT VATICAN COUNCIL II
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/cardinal-koch-must-be-asked-to-accept.html#links

    Fr.Gerald O’Collins S.J omits the all important text in Ad Gentes which supports the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus :Kurt Koch needs to clarify the SSPX position
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/frgerald-ocollins-sj-omits-all.html#links

    Nostra Aetate does not contradict extra ecclesiam nulla salus : doctrinal opening for the SSPX
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/nostra-aetate-does-not-contradict-extra.html#links

    Rorate Caeili,Cardinal Brandmuller,SSPX same error on Nostra Aetate : traditionalists cannot correct University of Bristol
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2014/05/rorate-caeilicardinal-brandmullersspx.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is timely advice. She knew her Faith. If I'm not mistaken, to add more deja vu, it was Thomas Cranmer, the creater of the protestant 'mass', who declared Catherine's marriage to H8, to be 'invalid'. Hmmm. Someone else has been saying something similar lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROMANTIC SACRAMENT

    Send me not roses
    Carafes of wine
    Send me your words
    Of love divine.

    Send me not jewels
    Encased in gold
    Send me your words
    My heart will hold.

    Send me not silver
    In purple so plush
    Send me your words
    Oh, make my face flush.

    Send me not silks
    Of shimmering dyes
    Send me your words
    Bring tears to my eyes.

    Send me not song
    I sleep close to death
    But send me your words
    For my very last breath.

    ReplyDelete