Saturday 12 February 2011

I can do swishing

A cleric has criticised the traditional faith (it's all traditional, Father) sideswiping it neatly with words like 'elitism,' 'extra bowing', 'ornate decorations' and 'elaborate swishing movements' (yes, really).
So, just to remind him of what we are and where we have come from I thought this photograph (from Orbis Catholicus Secundus) would enlighten him.
It is, of course, the Holy Father's minder, Mgr Georg Ganswein, God bless him!
He looks as if he could sashay enough to please the priest in question...

And please don't comment that he shouldn't be wearing a rochet....he's the Pope's man for goodness sake!

2 comments:

  1. The day they take down the Jesus 'hearts' U tapestries, modern art crucifixes, ban breeze-block walls in churches, ban Tabernacles that are hidden in side alcoves etcetera etcetera, then I will listen to criticisms of what our forefathers knew and loved (and died for!) FOR CENTURIES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the link you provided for the picture. There, in the comments, there's somebody saying that he shouldn't wear it. So, let's think: he is the private secretary of the Pope, he and msgr. Guido Marini wear it. Msgr. Guido is the Master of the Pontifical Ceremonies, he knows about what to wear or not to wear in the Vatican. Conclusion: if they wear it, it's right to wear it.
    They showed us all, already, that they know very well what to do, in that and in everything. I try to read everything I can find on these two and the more I read, the more I admire them.
    As for me, I think they are right.

    ReplyDelete