|We need more croziers and fewer crooks|
Yet, we in the Catholic Church are as silent as.... as.....lambs.
Because we try to hold hard to aspects of Christ's teachings we turn the other cheek.
But, Our Lord did not say: "Look the other way".
He, I trust, would not wish us to sit on our hands while babies are aborted, our children fed the poison of the homosexual, politically correct lobby and His authority ignored or distorted.
So here, is my contribution to the basic requirements that a Bishop should demonstrate in carrying out his role:-
1. Spread the Gospel and teachings of Jesus Christ to all in his diocese - not just Catholics.
2. Recognise the authority of the Vicar of Christ and abide by his guidance and commands - that means not only the current Holy Father but his predecessors also.
3. Manage the affairs of his diocese efficiently and direct and paternally guide his priests.
4. Ensure that Catholic Schools are of a high standard and that the RE programmes are rigorous and inspiring.
5. Oppose all political or social moves that go against the Catholic understanding of Faith or Morals - that means not allowing Catholic children to be adopted or fostered by homosexuals.
6. Lead the main prayer and vigil groups opposing abortion on every possible occasion.
7. Fight to make certain that the country's seminaries are free of homosexual influence and the modernism is not allowed to dictate the admissions procedure or syllabus.
8. Visit all parishes in his diocese regularly and administer the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Orders.
9. Encourage pilgrimages and the development of any shrines in his diocese.
10. Spend a number of weeks each year acting as a parish priest in various of his parishes.