I speak, of course, as a Latin Mass lover myself. But, there is much more to traditionalism than just the Latin; equally, one can be traditionalist as an OF Mass goer.
Uh? Is this man contradicting himself? I do not believe so, read on and find out.
Here are ten outward signs of a traditionalist Catholic (leaving aside the all important magisterium, doctrinal and sacramental beliefs).
1. Attends Masses that are celebrated ad orientum
2. Is quiet and reverential in church
3. Only receives Holy Communion kneeling (if possible), by mouth and from a
4. Always addresses a priest using the 'Father' prefix (unless he is your
5. Observes the abstinence from meat rule on Fridays (even though it is not yet
6. Makes a three hour fast before receiving Holy Communion.
7. Prefers plainchant to "Shine, Jesus shine" type hymns
8. Attends Benediction whenever possible
9. Avoids Masses where guitars are played, altar girls present or the liturgy
distorted in any way.
10. Welcomes the new translation.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list......
|One picture is worth a thousand words....|
Now there has been some comment floating around about bloggers voicing facts instead of opinions. Well, I mean for all of my posts to be my opinions within a framework of the teachings of the Catholic Church. For example, it is not 'wrong' to receive Our Lord at Communion, standing and by hand. But it is irreverent and crass to do so. That's my opinion, it just happens to be the same as the Holy Father's!