Wednesday 15 June 2011

Want to be a modern martyr and not be killed?

Here's how.....

...The Conference of English and Welsh Bishops has approved one's right to kneel to receive Holy Communion. Yes, that is correct. I have re-read Fr Tim's blog and there it is in black and white....here's what the Bishops state:-


"...... individual members of the faithful may choose to receive Communion while kneeling".

I know that, Fr T advises against blogging in letters large and clear in a more recent post but.....I just cannot resist!
This is your chance to become a martyr for Christ; no communion rails? just kneel - Extraordinary Ministers? just kneel - unsympathetic parish priest? just kneel - parish scandalmongers? ignore 'em and just kneel!
We are all bound to obey our Bishops in matters of legitimate teaching regarding the Faith so please.... let's get on and do it!

If Padre Pio could do it.........?

7 comments:

  1. Cowed by the clarion call to obedience in your last paragraph, I will try to kneel.

    Will I get extra points for the arthritis in my knee?

    Only asking ;)

    Seriously, this is good news. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be that the CDW ordered the bishops to insert that crucial sentence.
    Sadly predictable that the bishops should reinforce standing to receive while communicants are instructed to kneel in St. Peter's Basilica

    ReplyDelete
  3. lef fooer said:

    'Will I get extra points for the arthritis in my knee?'

    Only if it's the right knee, left footer!

    I've linked to this post, on my latest blog Richard, so put the figurative kettle on, they'll all be arriving in droves, I'm sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LF - for extra points read more jewels in your crown!

    Shadowlands - what have you done to me? Am I about to be besieged by thousands of lefty, liberal Catholics? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kneeling is fine for those who wish, but please remember that those of us who are Eastern Rite Catholics always "stand in awe" to receive Communion. We are no less reverential for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genty: My family attended Mass on 3 separate occasions at St. Peter's just after Easter this year. No one instructed us to kneel. Some did whilst others stood. Most - but certainly not all - received the Host on the tongue.

    One interesting thing to note is that at St. Peter's people normally stand for most of the Eucharistic Prayer as this is the posture indicated for the faithful in the General Instruction on the Roman Missal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genty/Parepidemos - the rule at the Vatican is to stand (case of having to due to the crush) but to receive on the tongue. Normally, priests will refuse to place the host in the hand.

    Chris - as a Roman Catholic I kneel as an act of reverence and humility. It is part of our western culture; we kneel when (if) we are knighted, it would be most discourteous to stand.
    I can only speak as a Roman Catholic.

    ReplyDelete