Sunday 9 January 2011

ROME - IN THE STYLE OF THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY!

So much to portray about five days spent in Rome; the churches, the young priests in their 'uniforms' of black with white dog collar, the old Monsignori drinking their espressos in pavement cafes and, of course, the Holy Father.

I thought that, as time presses, my second Rome account should be a pictorial one...not in my style but in the style of famous bloggers. I'm afraid my camera was on the blink and, anyway, not Brownie enough for the vast churches and Basilicas - but it's the best I can offer.

So here they are; first.....


IN THE STYLE OF ORBIS CATHOLICUS SECUNDUS....



Church Militant - the Swiss Guard!

......AND, IN THE STYLE OF MULIER FORTIS......



EF Mass in the Cesi Chapel, St Maria Maggiore


....AND, A LA PORTA CAELI.......


Well, this was tailor made! The Holy Door at St Maria Maggiore



......NOW FOR THE STYLE OF THE HERMENEUTIC OF CONTINUITY......




Name the Cardinal and the order of nuns



...COULD THIS BE IN THE STYLE OF A WELL KNOWN, ALLEGEDLY CATHOLIC MAGAZINE?.....



A pink poodle says it all really!


..... LAST, BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST - IN THE STYLE OF FATHER Z...




Scuse, Padre!
                                                        

AFTERNOTE:  I knew I would get into trouble for leaving someone out.......

So, here in the style of Catholic Mum of Ten.......

Capella di Madonna del Riposo, Baldo deglli Ubaldi, Rome

Happy now Jackie?

8 comments:

  1. Our youngest is doing a project on Rome so we will be "stealing" your pictures. What is that meal? Breaded squid with king prawns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Photos! :-)

    I would like to visit Rome someday before I die.

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - I think you've captured the styles well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good post! I was in Rome last July and I miss it already so much. Seeing your pictures makes me feel I NEED to go back as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all comments.
    Gareth, the squid dish was delicious, so good, in fact, that I ate it two nights running.
    It was prawns and squid dipped in a very light almost invisible batter, tempura style.Then, flash fried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. None in the style of Catholic Mom of Ten! Sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh... gosh, I'm honoured to be included as a "style" of blogging!

    I hope you enjoyed your week away as much as the photos suggest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy? I'm ecstatic! Thankyou so much Richard!!

    ReplyDelete