Tuesday 11 January 2011

A little levity to lighten your day....What five things will you not find in a Monastery?

The trouble is, this bon mot is partially lost in a lump of sludge that serves me for a brain. I am hopeful that a worldly reader will fill in the gaps.

Question: What five things will you not find in a monastery?

Answer:

A quiet Dominican
A humble Benedictine
A clean Franciscan
plus two more....help!

I have an idea that the missing two orders are  Jesuits and  Carmelites...could be interesting guessing at the adjective that is required....unless you are a Jesuit or a Carmelite!
Memory seems to guide me to Honest and Truthful but I may be doing both orders a disservice......all suggestions gratefully received.

1 comment:

  1. How about

    (4) A bawdy Carthusian
    (5) A woman

    and because I can't count

    (6) A Jesuit

    ReplyDelete