At first I thought that it would be interesting to write a code purely for Catholic Bloggers and then realised that all that one needs is contained within the Ten Commandments.
So, perhaps it is in the control of our comment boxes that we need to look, in order to preserve Christian charity, from both without and within.
1. Thou shalt not publish anonymous comments - alas, I fall foul of this often, especially as some anons can be very enlightening. Stronger resolve needed.
2. Thou shalt not tolerate blasphemy, rudeness or wilfully engage in scandal, calumny or detraction.
3. Thou shalt respond in a kind and courteous manner, even if you are replying to one who is as daft as a brush.
4. Thou shalt publish all comments, even ones critical of oneself, provided that they are politely worded - an important one this as several bloggers create a skewed picture of the topic under discussion by only allowing comments of those who agree with their views.
5. Thou shalt abide by the doctrines of Holy Mother Church and not elasticate Her teachings in your responses. Easy to do in the heat of the moment when you sense that you are on a losing wicket.
6. Thou shalt pray for all those who leave a comment, especially those who disagree with your post.