|All church doors to be unlocked!|
Well what a question. Who could ever think of such a thing? Oh deary, deary me, quickly pass the sv!
But it’s a good one! Heh, heh.
Let’s break down the answer, point by point…..
We would not have…um….
1. A Magic Circle – what? No cosy clique of men who can sit
around of an evening chuckling at the Pope’s latest efforts to
draw the church closer to the teachings of Jesus Christ?
2. We would not have the appallingly facile website dedicated to
showing what a valuable job their Lordship’s are doing
3.We would not have parishes closing down and Indian Masses
being celebrated willy nilly. (Because there are simple steps one
can take to reverse this decline)
4. And no more Masses dedicated to homosexuals (or bank
robbers, benefits cheats and shoplifters)
OK, OK, but let’s be a little positive here!
What are the benefits of being Episcopally challenged?
Answer - We would be able to start the brick by brick reclaiming and restoration process as follows:-
1. All churches to be left open during daytime hours
2. Priestly discipline would be enforced (no more shell
suits, sorry Padre)
3. The reopening of adoption agencies that reflect
Catholic beliefs could take place
4.Liturgical integrity could be ensured (strictly dancing
on the sanctuary would be strictly prohibited)
5. The Catechism could be taught in Catholic schools
6. School admission policies to be reviewed and amended
based on enrolling children from practising Catholic
7. A real evangelisation programme could be created and
8. Female altar servers could be refocused on a
9. Traditional orders would be admitted freely to all the
10.The Ordinariate would get their churches (and a warm
rather than a tepid welcome)
11. No more copies of The Tablet at the back of church
12. ………………………over to you!
So what would be the backlash of such a move?
A question that Archbishop Mennini might ask -
I have it on good authority that he reads this blog every night (when he has difficulty sleeping).
Well. We would miss out by losing Bishop Mark Davies (chizzle)
And…….several golf clubs would collapse through a drop in membership fees!
|Hey presto! No more Magic Circle!|
By pure coincidence Philothea on Phire has an excellent post on Bishops today.