Thursday 21 April 2011

GOOD FRIDAY



Am I a stone, and not a sheep,
     That I can stand, O Christ, beneath Thy cross,
To number drop by drop Thy blood's slow loss,
And yet not weep?
Not so those women loved
     Who with exceeding grief lamented Thee;
Not so fallen Peter weeping bitterly;
     Not so the thief was moved;
Not so the Sun and Moon
     Which hid their faces in a starless sky,
A horror of great darkness at broad noon--
     I, only I.
Yet give not o'er,
     But seek Thy sheep, true Shepherd of the flock;
Greater than Moses, turn and look once more
     And smite a rock.



Christina Georgina Rossetti

1 comment:

  1. http://thepathlesstaken7.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-number-drop-by-drop-thy-bloods-slow.html


    Thank you for posting this.
    I gave you a link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete