It has been a bumpy old ride, my first full calendar year as a Catholic blogger. But, on the whole, I have found it enjoyable if a shade challenging at times.
The greatest benefit to me has been the fact that blogging has brought me into contact with others of the same or similar mind and I have enjoyed the company enormously.
I have decided, therefore, to mention those whom I feel have helped me by their outstanding posts. The difficulty has been in limiting the list to 15 or so bloggers.
I have had to leave out so many good friends (a quick review of my bloglist will show you who they are).
Also, I have not included blogs written by our priests.
It would be an impossible task to try and sieve through these - they are all so very heartening and good!
So here it is, the Linen on the Hedgerow New Years Honours list for outstanding services to the Faith in general and me in particular (and not in any particular order) :-
1. Services to the Catholic Social conscience (and mine, especially)
2. Learned theological debates that give me a headache -
running two excellent blogs (OTA and The Impractical Catholic)
3. Sound historical facts about the faith, well researched and written in a most
beautiful pictorial setting
- Dylan Parry at A Reluctant Sinner
4. Most heartening blog that makes me feel Catholic again -
5. For fearlessness and kicking Episcopal doors open –
6. For writing the posts that I always wished that I had written –
Mary O’Regan, The Path Less Taken
7. Squaring up to what the faith embraces and for being on the journey -
Stuart James eChurch blog
8. Hanging on in there, waiting for the full reform of the reform -
Joyce at The Little Way
9. The hope for the future - those at Juventutem London
10. More hope for the future and a blog that puts me in a good frame
of mind….Charlie J at Chasubles and Chalices
11. For having the sharpest mind on all matters theological but also
for not blogging enough -
Paul Priest at On the Side of the Angels
12. Reminding us of the glories of traditional bling….John Sonnen at
13. Giving us biting satire and poetry to match, Chris Wright at Left-Footer
14. Keeping the flag flying in a cold Calvinist climate……Brian at Umblepie
15. Punchy theology that's to the point and true to its name -
Ron Garcia Making Things Visible
Thank you all and may God grant you a Happy and Peaceful 2012!